YGUARD is a rigorous 40 hour class for ages 16 and up.
During this class, participants will learn life-saving rescue skills for an aquatic environment. Once a participant passes the class, and passes the skills and written test, they will be certified as a YMCA Lifeguard for 2 years and can lifeguard at any YMCA and most other facilities (certification requirements may vary at each location). This certification covers CPR/AED, First Aid, O2, and YGUARD life guard certification.
- A physical competency swim must be completed and passed prior to registration.
- Participants must attend all sessions, pass all written tests with an 80% or better in each section.
- Successfully perform all practical skills.
- Successfully demonstrate the ability to follow the Safe in Six principle.
- Turn in eLearning Certificates on due dates.
Cost: $250 for Members or $300 for Potential Members
Registration Ends April 28
There must be a minimum of 4 participants for us to offer the class.
If you drop out, miss class, or cannot pass the written exams or in-water skills for any reason, your money will not be refunded.
Your fee covers the certification costs plus the whistle, lanyard, rescue pack, and face mask.
Dates: Friday May 12th 5-9pm, Saturday, May 13th 12pm-6pm, Sunday, May 14th 12-6pm, Friday, May 19th 5pm-9pm, Saturday, May 20th 12pm-6pm & Sunday, May 21st 12pm-6pm
For more information please contact Bethany Williard, Aquatics Director, at 336.387.9622.